Established in the mid 1880s with the death of a pastor being buried behind the Dickinson Methodist church at the time. Eventually other members of the church were buried here. The church was destroyed in the 1900 storm, with the land still in ownership by the Deats family who had owned the land since 1882. The family continued to care for the land and cemetery. The cemetery is still active today.