Emmite Square – Children’s House
4404 St. Goar Street
Building Construction & History
*Chronological from established to current
The house was built so daughter Nancy and husband Tom Mitchell could live more close to the Emmite family. After Nancy died, the house rented for a short time.
Their daughter Mary and her new husband Roy, moved in and started their family. After they moved, their daughter Lucille(Emille) (Jones) and her husband moved into the house in 1950.
Lucille(Emille)’s husband started a small recycling business there and was very successful.
After Ms. Grace Emmite died in 1982, son Joseph acquired the house. His wife Dorothy planned to start a business there, but it never did materialize and it sat vacant for many years.
Some five years later, the Emmite’s daughter Rosalie acquired the property to rejoin and restore the Emmite properties as Emmite Square. It is now part of the Matula MIT Trust with Jacqueline Valcoviak Trustee