Historical Society

Landmark and Medallion Program

The Dickinson Landmark designation is awarded to structures and sites over “60” years of age deemed worthy of recognition for their architectural and/or historical associations.  In reviewing applications for this designation, the Dickinson Historical Society considers not only the...

Click here for more

City History

History of Dickinson Dickinson and the bayou, which shares the same name, were named for John Dickinson.  In 1824, he received a land grant from the Mexican government for the area just north of the present day location of Dickinson....

Click here for more

Founder Statue Project

The Founder Statue Project is designed to pay tribute to the early settlers in Dickinson.  The project when completed will three bronze figures:  the “Rancher”  depicted here is nearing completion.  Tribute to the “Farmer” and the “Shopkeeper” will follow this...

Click here for more

Board Of Directors

OFFICERS Mary Dunbaugh, President Jim Moss, Vice President Kathy Deats, Treasurer Judy Moss, Secretary   Executive  Director, Joan Malmrose Directors Linda Dillon Suanne Sparks Cheryl Swint Eleanor Brown Charlotte Kohrs Betty Lessert Mark Martelli Sandy McDermott Lorn Nikkel Claire...

Click here for more

Landmark Homes

Dickinson Historical society Landmark Medallion Project The Winkler House located on Nevada Street, Dickinson, Tx 77539 Landmark Medallion awarded October 2012 The Winkler house was built in 1940 for $4,000.00. A loan was taken out with a loan company...

Click here for more