Building Construction & History

*Chronological from established to current

Date 1927
Property Owner Dr Fred W. Aves
Event The home was built in 1927 on 12 acres by Dr. Fred W. Aves. Aves, a physician since 1913 was from Galveston. Their children are Dr. Fred H. Aves & Florence Aves Bland.

*Next event

Date 1962
Property Owner Dr Fred W. Aves
Event Dr F. Aves passed away; the property remained in his wife’s hands. She moved away from the property in 1963.

*Next event

Date 1974
Property Owner Aves.
Event   Ben Svoboda began renting the property where he married in 1984 to his wife Judy.

*Next event

Date 1984
Property Owner Ben & Judy Svoboda
Event Together they purchased 8 acres of the property in 1989 from the son and daughter of Dr. Fred W. Aves. The Svoboda’s began restoration work on the property   which took several years to complete. Work on the property restored the home back to its original state with exception of improvements to the kitchen, and bathrooms. Some fixtures were kept in the bathrooms.