Haines – Built in 1915 by Harvey Haines who was secretary of the Galveston Commercial Association. The house was destroyed by fire in 2016. Originally built in the Prairie style, it had broad overhanging eaves and a wrap-around porch. It went through several owners, serving as a boarding house in the 1930’s by Mrs. Rowen Deats. Perry and Nina Sweeney lived in the house 1946-60 when James and Dorothy Murray bought the house. The house then went to Mr. and Mr. Joseph Reynolds.